Thanksgiving Break

Art Club Students are the heart and soul of Parkway!
Thanks to Mitzi Willis for all your help!

We had a successful day painting the windows at Parkway Elementary at the beginning of Thanksgiving Break.  I don't imagine I could call the past week I have had a "break".  
The first Sunday of Thanksgiving break, I met my Art Club Parents, students, and a few Teachers on campus and we got our creative juices flowing!!!  We painted the front windows of the campus in festive holiday decor.  I could not have asked for better volunteers.  They worked their hind ends off for me and I am so pleased with the results.

We used plain ol' latex house paint.  All in all, I spent about $300 on paint, mostly in pints.  I only bought one gallon of paint and that was for the white.  This will do the windows probably 2 times.  I actually plan to use the left over paint to decorate the bathrooms across from my classroom in inspirational quotes.  You know the ones...."be the rainbow in someone's day."  

That of course will have to wait for Christmas Break!  

Here is a little peak at how our day went!  


No comments:

Post a Comment