The Week Before Thanksgiving!

Is there a crazier time in the Art Room than the week before Thanksgiving Break?  I am trying to get all my lessons for the first semester finished, uploaded, and filed!  PHEW!  The work seems never ending when I have a raging case of the "I DON'T WANT TO's!" Many of my classes have finished the last lesson of the semester and needed just a short, 45 minute lesson to fill these last few days of class.

My 3rd and 2nd Graders are finishing up their lessons from a few weeks ago.  My 4th and 1st graders are enjoying a one day, super quick lesson. 

4th Grade Modern Landscape

This lesson from Deep Space Sparkle reviews our knowledge of WARM and COOL Color Families and CONTRAST. Students drew a modern landscape with oil pastel on black construction paper.  We filled our drawing with chalk pastel, choosing a warm or cool color pallet for the land and trees and the contrasting family for the sky. 


1st Grade Winter Owls


We watched the cutest video by Marshall Baya to learn more about the Snowy Owl.  



After discussing the coloring, and addressing the issue of me coloring my eyes and beak wrong in the video below, we drew our owls with a black oil pastel and filled our owl with white chalk pastel for texture.  We also did a little splatter paint over the top so our snowy owls could have a little snow!




No comments:

Post a Comment